Macs have gotten a bad reputation as gaming computers for too long. When you have the right setup, they perform right alongside powerful gaming PCs. Mac gaming capabilities have especially expanded since Macs started getting equipped with the same Intel processors as PCs. Here’s a guide to the best Mac for gaming and how you can play all your favorite games on it.
15-Inch MacBook Pro
If you need a gaming computer, you’ll want something with a lot of power and a discrete graphics card.
Here are two main options for gaming with a 15-inch MacBook Pros:
- 6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, Radeon Pro 450 graphics, 256 GB storage
- 7Ghz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, Radeon Pro 455 graphics, 512 GB storage
The Macbook Pro comes with a stunning Retina display that will work great with robust specs like this under the hood.
You can’t go wrong with any of the 27-inch iMacs out there right now. Here are the specs:
- 2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, AMD Radeon R9 M380, 1TB storage
- 2GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, AMD Radeon R9 M390, 1TB storage
- 3GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, AMD Radeon R9 M395, 2TB storage
Depending on how much power you need and whether mobility is a priority, the 27-inch iMac is definitely an option to consider.
You can easily enjoy many classic games on your Mac right out of the box, such as World of Warcraft, Tomb Raider, and Bioshock Infinite. It’s no secret that not all games are supported on macOS, though. That’s why you should consider installing Windows via Boot Camp so you can get all the games you need.